The new thing consuming my brain is I signed up to do a triathlon along with a few other ladies in my ward. It's next Sat. May 9th. Yes, I'm a little nervous and I think so are some of the other ladies. One of them told me its the only thing she can think of. I'm thankful I'm not the only one.
The thing that makes me the most nervous is the swimming portion. I'm not really a good swimmer. In fact I dont think I'd ever really swam laps since I took swimming lessons or maybe 7th grade P.E. After I signed up I thought Ummm, what did I just get myself into. I fretted over it for a couple of weeks and then I thought well last year I hadnt really run and I did some things I never thought I could of with that. I will never be a great runner at best I'm average. So maybe it could be this way with swimming too. I could go from not all that great to semi good :). These races are good life lessons I think. To never give up and keep trying to improve yourself. My goal is just to finish. Please pray for me that I can just do that. Oh another thing is I havent really biked outside on one of those road bikes only taken the spinning class. I'm off to rent a bike today and rent a wetsuit to help me not drown. I received an email that gave you tips for the race day, especially swimming. It said 99% of you doing well depended on if you believed you could do it or not. It also said you should tell yourself you love swimming. I am a dolphin slicing through the water. So I've been telling myself that I love swimming and I'm a dolphin slicing through the water. So what the heck I choose to believe in myself. I let you know if it works in a week. Either way I need a lot of prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Good Luck Yvette! You will do great! I've seen you in those spinning classes and you rock 'em everytime! Me, I just lazily pedal and try to keep up at least part of the time! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! :)
You will do great. Keep telling yourself "I can do hard things!" That always helps me.
Keep us posted :)
Post a Comment