
In fact, I went on them several times. I was a big girl:)! The first day we went to the Disneyland portion and then on Sat. we went to the California Adventure part of the park. But, before we went to Disneyland we woke up early and went to the Newport Beach Temple. Which for me turned out to be an amazing experience. Some things I wanted are to remember are:

*Sherry a lady I met at the temple. Who I observed as very friendly and kind to everyone. She seemed to know everyone. She came up to me after the session and told me that she hadnt been to the temple in a few months since she had moved. Before that she spent every Friday in the temple. I was impressed that she went every week. I was even more impressed that her husband had brought her into the church 13 years ago. He is now inactive, but she keeps coming to church with their son.
I thought about how spoiled I was for having a temple so close. Also, having a husband that has a desire to go to church and tries to make the right decisions. I came away from their having a greater desire to be more like this faithful sister and not take things for granted.
*The beautiful mural of the water and seagulls
*The kind tongan worker that helped me out in the temple.
*I hope to remember the feelings I felt the promises I made to Heavenly Father.
On Sunday, because of our flight schedule we werent able to go to church. We did spend an hour or so driving around and finding stars houses. Most (the popular) were covered by lots of foliage. The houses you could actually see were older stars such as Jack Benny, Jimmy Stewart, and Lucille Ball. They were beautiful small little mansions. So different from what stars live in today.
Anyway, it was a fun trip.






2 comments:
So glad you two got the chance to get away before tax season! How fun. I so miss Disneyland. Sounds like you had a great time! That temple is beautiful!!
How fun and lucky for you two! Do you get away often, just the two of you? Of course, probably NOT during tax season. I love Disneyland! We will have to try a trip, just Shawn and I. I am sure it is a lot more relaxed. :)
Post a Comment