Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Matthew's 2nd Birthday

Matthew had his 2nd birthday on the 12th of March. Some of the things Matt does right now are:

He puts on everyones shoes. Here he is wearing Shay's shoes.

He copies everything you say, especially Adam. Adam gets really bugged by his brother copying him all the time but they also have the best of times together. The kids think its hilarious to teach him words like stupid and dumb. Of course it's not what I would like to happen, but it does.





He climbs on everything. We go to this park by our house and he climbs the rope wall. It makes me nervous every time, but he somehow makes it.
He climbs on our desk or couch and jumps off and says "A Ha!"




He's still obsessed by Star Wars. He's singing the Droid march right now as I type this. He's also asking Jar Jar Binks not to follow him:)
For Christmas and his birthday he received a bunch of Galactic Heroes that he plays with for most of the day.



This is Matt's bear that he has affectionately named "Beary". He treats him like he's his baby. He's very offended if you treat Beary like a toy and just throw him on the ground. Beary is his friend, after all. Here he is giving Beary a drink of milk. Beary is his comforter when he's sad or tired.


Enjoying the finer things in life! Ice cream, of course. When he needs a treat he chases me around the house saying I canny (translation I want candy) He learned more about this great stuff during Halloween. He doesn't let up easy if he knows there's some in the house - especially chocolate.



Poor Matt - he doesn't take a nap anymore. We have moved him to a big boy bed. He usually falls asleep eating dinner - that is, until you try to officially put him in bed for the night. He then has the energy to get out 50 times. I have a hard time being serious about putting him back. I am, though - its just hard. He's so sweet and innocent at this age. I love his laugh and smile as he's running away from me and I have to catch him. Is that wrong?



He's also a major fit thrower! Don't try to put clothes on this child or change his diaper. I'm sure its close to changing an octopus.

He's a fun boy to have in our family though. We wouldn't know what to do without him either.

No comments: