Thursday, May 15, 2008

Confessions of a Dumb Blonde...

I cant believe I'm doing a post about this. On Friday, the plan was to go to my friends house, get a haircut and go out to lunch with her. She lives at Ironwood and Ocotillo. I've been to her house at least 5+ times. The problem is construction usually changes the way I'm able to get out there. I usually go South on Power to Germann and then go East. But, Friday Germann was closed. The other option is to travel East on Rittenhouse. So I'm traveling on Rittenhouse and it goes up to Ellsworth and the Ellsworth loop. I'm supposed to turn left, but I'm in the wrong lane. No problem though - I thought I'd turn right and be able to travel East eventually and come back North. That was my first mistake; hence, the title of this post. The next main street is Hunt Highway. Oops. Now I decide that I'm going to find a main road and come back North. Well I get nervous about heading too far out Southeast. So I just pick a road to go North on. Oops, second mistake. This road takes me into a housing development. This is no ordinary housing development though. It's a lovely cacti, complete with rattlesnake maze. All of the homes are either brand new with no one living in them yet or they are old trailers that have been there awhile. Yay, I'm officially lost. I'm trying to call my sister-in-law and my friend to tell me how to get out of there. But, my cell phone is saying Warning: No cell phone coverage and going off and on. I realize that my gas tank is also looking a little low. I decide I'm going to stop at one of the new houses and ask directions. I'm praying this whole time that this person will be nice. All kind of scenarios from the movie Misery or one of those CSI type shows are going through my brain. I'm really hoping that I wont get locked in someones basement or something. (Yes, I know I probably shouldnt have watched those shows). Anyway, the lady that answers the door is scary looking, but very nice. She tells me how to get out of there. I think I understand her directions, but must have missed a step. I'm still lost. I choose to ask a couple of other people. No one will answer their door. I figure if you live up there you're probably not to used to unannounced visitors. Anyway, at one of the places where no one answers. I do this to the car.









It's hard to see, but the light is messed up and the back left part of the car. I ran into someone's gate as I was pulling out. But, no worries; the gate was steel so it was fine. The car was just a little messed up. Anyway, with some intense praying I made it out of there.
I also got together with my friend. She did my hair for free. Wasn't that nice? She felt sorry for me. We also went to lunch. It's always fun to get together with her. I'm not sure if she reads this or not, but Thank You! You made the day less of a nightmare!

4 comments:

Brett said...

Blondes...maybe you should see if your friend will dye your hair for free.

Monica said...

OH BRETT NOT NICE ha ha Yvette I feel your pain so sorry about your car but you are fine and alive not in someone's basement. I know what the roads are out there so dont feel bad they suck. Maybe Mark will get you a GPS for Christmas. See ya soon Monica

Lacey said...

I get so lost out in that direction too! With all the construction going on you definitely can't take any of the blame! Dumb QC!

Yvette said...

I agree with Monica, Brett. Not nice, but I suppose if I'm dumb enough to put it out there on the internet I probably deserve that one.