For the last 3 years the family has gone on a hike the very last day we are up there. They are usually intense, so only people over age ten go. The hike has usually taken quite a bit longer than we usually think its going too. Some of the trails haven't been cleaned off for years, so the hike entails climbing of fallen trees and brush. The hike was supposed to take 4 hours it took about 7 1/2. This year I personally fell on my rear end three times. I guess I didn't have very good shoes, because if there was any water vicinity on a plant, rock, or root of a tree I ended up on my back. At the end I was ready to be done, but I now look back and realize it was pretty fun.

Here's
some pictures taken with Marks cell ph. so not the best quality, but still memories right.This is a picture of our group. Lto R
My niece Jacque,me, Bro. Madsen, my brother-in-law Daryl, my niece Aly, nephew Nathan, and niece Darleen.
Marks went too. He's taking the picture.
Here's a picture of my cute nieces, probably waiting again for Mark and I to catch up. Mark had to keep helping me,because of those slippery shoes

Not that I just love pictures of me, but this is one of the more interesting parts of the hike where you have to walk upon this little ridge on the mountain.
Heres the group taking a break after we walked along the ledge, at place called slick rock
.
Mark at slick rock. I wish I could have gotten a better picture, cause it really is amazing how the rock looks like a perfect flat slide.












7 comments:
Sounds like a great place to just relax and enjoy time with family. And, by the way, you don't look pregnant. :)
Hehehe I totally LOVED this hike with you guys - and especially all the times I was cracking up. Your comments make me laugh out loud and the poor woman sitting across from me in the library thinks I'm definitely weird now :)
Love ya!
Looks fun!
I am so impressed you guys make that hike. Adam told me about it and I was stunned! Who takes care of the kids while you're gone? How fun! I'm disappointed we didn't make it up that weekend. We are hoping for one more trip before the water gets shut off.
It sounds like that hike was a ton of fun, but I'm really glad I didn't try to make it this year! We had a ton of fun at the cabin though. I'm glad we got to see you guys and that B and Adam could hang out.
Thanks for posting my picture with the baby. Some how we missed getting any pics of her first trip to the cabin so I borrowed it.
LOOKS LIKE FUN.
That looks like a beautiful hike. Great pictures!
Post a Comment