Saturday, January 10, 2009

I did it!

I ran ten miles this morning! Yeah, I'm so proud of myself! Mind you I'm not fast or anything and walked a bit, but I finished. My friend Kristine asked me if I wanted to run in a half marathon with her (or eat her dust). Sounds crazy, but it's something I've always wanted to do. I love watching the Ironman on tv.
Anyway, we and some of her family members will be running at the end of the month. It's a race called Londons run in Queen Creek. A little 6 year old girl named London died of cancer a few years ago. All the money that the runners put in to run in the race will go to benefit people with cancer. So I'm happy to have a purpose to run for to that's close to my heart.

In November Mark and I ran a 5K. It was my first race (since Junior High) He beat me Grrrrr. It's only frustrating, because he never runs. Also in November my niece and I ran in a 10K in the Turkey Trot. She's in good shape like my husband, because she never runs as many miles as a 10K and she stayed pretty much with me the whole way. On both the races I wasnt the fastest, but I wasnt the slowest either. I was pretty glad I just finished.

My computer letting me know I shouldn't even think about installing pictures. So no photos with our numbers. I bet your all disappointed :)

9 comments:

Tami said...

Wow, good for you Yvette! I am so jealous--I seriously am just trying to work up to walk/running 3 miles. I am almost able to jog the whole thing--but 10!!! You go girl! You're awesome!

Kristine said...

You are AWESOME!!! I think that you did an amazing job in both the Gilbert Days Race and the Turkey Trot. I am so excited that you are going to run with us for London's Run! You are an inspiration!

Jackie said...

Awesome Job! It is better than I could do :)

Jana said...

I started to read your blog and I laughed! Not because you are running, that is awesome. I have a friend Kristine and she is a runner. I called her just now to see if she was your friend Kristine. She isn't...but liked the sound of you! She is sick today and is trying to figure out how to go on her long run. She is doing a maraton or something in Sedona?? She told me that she was running 18 miles! Personally,I am sure she is just crazy!! Good for you guys! Anytime you want to slow down, I am always up for a walk!

Lacey said...

That's AWESOME! Christopher is the huge runner in our house and runs 6 miles every night and 10 miles on Saturday. His goal is to run a half marathon this year and a full marathon next year. I use to run with him. We did 2 or so 5ks together when Elodie was a baby. I loved it, then Elodie got bigger and I got pregnant and life happened again!
I'll have to tell Chris about the London's run. Can you email me infor at www dot lyarn at gmail dot com? THANKS!

'Mamma J' said...

Nice job Yvette!!! I personally understand this accomplishment- you are amazing to put the effort and time to run a half! I wish I could be there to run it with you! Good Luck on you race!

momof4azkids said...

Holy Cow...I'm so proud of you!Maybe I'll join you, after I hatch this baby. Running is a great way to get in shape.

Sister Sawyer said...

Way cool Yvette! You are truly an inspiration. Next time when you are running with Mark, just fake a cramp so he has to stop and help you, then pull his shoe string and run on sister, run on and WIN that race. Just kidding. Really I am kidding.

Yvette this is really cool! You are really an inspiration.

Hawks said...

Congrads!! When I first ran a marathon it felt great! People dont understand how hard it is! Great job!