Mark and I had a blast this weekend! We were able to go up to Lakeside, AZ and visit one of Mark's best friends Camden and his wife Marisa. They took us to see Valkryie Friday night and on Saturday we went skiing the whole day. I always love visiting with them. They both have awesome personalities. They are both funny, sincere, and down to earth people. They were really kind to us while we were there. They fed us a bunch and made sure we were really comfortable. It's always fun hearing about the things Mark and Camden did when they were little.
The skiing part its self was pretty funny. Only because I'm so dumb. As I get older I get more scared to do things. I havent been skiing in about 5 years and have probably been skiing probably 5 times in my whole life. The ski lift was my 1st obstacle. I'm not a fan of heights and at Sunrise anyway they've now made the ski lift faster so your not on it all day. Riding it wasnt such a problem getting off of it was. It was freaking me out that it was going so fast right up til the end and then it would unattach and slow down. Every time I would freak out poles, skis, legs and arms would go flying in the air as I dismounted with me saying OOOOh my gosh! So after I got it in my head that freaking out wasnt helping me out any. I began to relax and give myself this crazy pep talk. It went something like this: You are a 35 year old woman, you can conquer the ski lift you've been through and done harder things in life than this. You can conquer the ski lift :). By the end of the day I could dismount from the ski lift with out any problems. Yeah me! The next obstacle was everyone that I went with was a pretty good skier. Especially Camden he could whip down the mountain in no time with a few tricks on the way. They got bored of doing green runs in no time and wanted to move on to blue. Since I was scared I did short sharp turns all the way down the mountain. I had to take drugs aftewards (Advil that is) to make up for my whole body being completely tense as I went down the mountain for most of the day. By the end of the day I was cruising a little better though and not so tense. Anyway, it really was a fun trip. Mark and I needed to get away and have fun especially before that lovely tax season rears it ugly I mean beautiful head. ( It pays the bills after all).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Sounds like you had such a fun time! Your skiing story really made me laugh. I can totally relate to your ski lift fear. I was fine until getting off and then I would always fall. I haven't been in years, though, so I'm sure I'm still not over that.
Sounds like a great trip!! I always hated getting off the lift!!! It stressed me out, too. I was always afraid of falling and making a fool of myself. I did end up having knee surgery due to a skiing fall (on FLAT ground!) Pretty lame, hu??? Glad you had a great time!!!
The closest I have been to skiing is the Wii Fit, and I can't even manage that. I am pretty sure that were I there with you, I would have been having the very same pep talks...along with hyperventilating!! You are a braver woman then me!!
I think the ski lift is part of why I never enjoyed skiing. I can relate to the whole body hurting. Sure makes you feel like you're getting old, doesn't it?
Go you! Can you believe that for all my time in Utah, I've only been once. Although I did dislocate(and relocate) my shoulder during that trip.
How fun! Good old Camden. Love good friends. Not to crazy about ski lifts either. When we went to WY and did the Alpine slide that was the hardest part. Did you see the recent news story about the guy who kind of got caught on the ski lift and hung upside down until someone helped him?
Post a Comment