This last week we had Spring Break. This was a week of playing. We went to the park, played with friends and cousins. We saw Mall Cop. I actually really liked it. I love Kevin James.
Derek was able to have his 1st sleepover. He didn't really get to do anything special for his birthday.I had promised him way back in Oct., so I had to deliver on my promise. The sleepover went really well. I really like his two friends. The night started out with pizza and root beer. Then of course a pillow fight ensued. At 8:00 I talked them into watching a movie, Star Wars III, of course. (If you know Derek he's slightly obsessed with Star Wars. He talks about being a Director of a new Star Wars movie. I told him he's going to have to talk to George Lucas about that one). I went upstairs to go to bed at 10pm and left them to their own devices. Their devices were to play Star Wars Unleashed on the Wii. I told them they had to try to go to bed at midnight. They tried, but kept laughing and talking till 1am. I'm sure their parents will thank me later. I left them with two rules 1. go to bed at midnight and 2. Don't go outside. Which they didn't do and were very respectful. I feel slightly guilty about #2 though. I think I went outside on every sleepover I ever went too. It was the 80's though, right. A little safer than now. Anyway, I'm thankful Derek has two really good friends, that are nice boys. It's been hard for him to make friends in the past, because truthfully the boy is really ornery and competitive. I've prayed for him to get along with people for years and now it's happening. Thank you Heavenly Father. Anyway, it ended up being a pretty good Spring Break with minimal teasing and fighting. What more can a girl ask for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Sleep overs are always interesting with boys! But with video games you can never go wrong! I'm always glad to hear that someone else enjoys my playlist as much as I do! I added some more songs by 16 Frames, Sara Lov, Fauxliage, and some others. I have a second list that I keep songs that I'm not sure about putting on my blog. These ones passed my lyrics test and are ready for a listen. Stalk away!!
Post a Comment