Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2

It seems this last Spring and Summer were a whirlwind. I'm ready for life to slow down, but I'm pretty sure its not going to. I thought when the kids went to school I would be able to concentrate on a few things I've been neglecting. But I was wrong we've had something every weekend and having three in school I'm finding challenging. Trying to make sure this one knows how to write their letters, cut and others to practice multiplication and division. While completing and filling out their reading logs, book reports and projects.On top of that every one has soccer practice and games. I know welcome to the club, many other moms have this same problem and are even busier. I just find it challenging trying to get them up to speed with what they should know and work on. During the day has been busy too. Enter


(aka my nephew Hunter and my son Matt)



Thing 1


and Thing 2

Who can think of a whole lot of things to do together. Some of them good and some of them not so good. They are pretty calm by themselves, but together oh my they are busy. Some of the not so good things include drawing on the walls, taking down the net around the top of the trampoline, pulling up the tubing that goes to the sprinklers from the ground, dumping buckets of toys out,throwing toys down from the stairs, messing with the xbox and wii and breaking parts of them (you get the idea). If I'm like really lucky sometimes all of those things can happen with in a few hours. Especially if I'm trying to do something like do the dishes. I'm sure if they wanted to they would have put a pink ring around the bathtub also. If you are a fan of Dr. Seuss you understood that one.
One day I was trying to get ready to go to the mountains. I was extremely proud of myself for having the downstairs clean. I was patting myself on the back and thinking to myself that I was doing good today. The boys were upstairs playing cars by the car mat or so I thought.... I was even talking to them about how great they were being playing with the cars together. As I went to go upstairs for some reason I saw it. Perfectly drawn lines with a dry erase marker all the way up the stairway. Every inch of the stairway, every single inch. Thing 1 had done an excellent job. I only know it was Thing 1, because Thing 2 probably wouldn't have done such a neat and precise job. I'm telling ya it was a beautiful work of art and I even offended the artist by gasping. I'm rude like that I'll tell ya. After I stopped gasping, I was thankful that their were M&M's down in the extra room, because that day I probably consumed about a pound. I'm not sure if I was more upset for relaxing and thinking that they were changing or the walls being drawn on. All is well that end well though, it was all off a few hrs later.
I've decided that all of us need a schedule. So for example we play learning computer games every day at 10am and I read to them every day at 11:15am. Who knows if this will help we shall see. This schedule even includes blogging time. I'm excited about actually documenting all of the things we've been doing for the last few months. I'm never been a schedule type of girl so this should be interesting.

3 comments:

amy said...

good luck over there, yvette. i think the co-op is screaming your name. ;) and you're right on with the m&m's thing. i totally agree.

Stephanie said...

Wow, what a combo you have! They are two busy little boys. I hope the schedule works out for you. Maybe keep some m&m's around just in case. ;) Good luck!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh dear. Yeah, 2 toddlers is tough. They play together but they get in trouble together, too...