Monday, October 25, 2010

Derek's 12th Birthday

Tmrw when I actually post this it will be Derek's 12th Birthday. I think that Heavenly Father said we'll send you first so you can help your mother grow up and be better. This boy tests me in every way. I've seen the good and whole lot of my ugly have come out with him through the years. I think I'm better for having him a son. I think he's taught me more about the Savior than anyone else. About forgiving and not judging others and that things don't matter as much as people.
Derek has a great sense of humor. I love this about him. I love when he comes to tell me something just cause he knows I'll laugh at his crazy jokes. He has a kind heart and thinks about other people feelings. He's been known to find a treat at our house and take it over to a neighbor that's had a bad day or someone he wants to say thank you too. He also has an iron will and won't budge if he makes up his mind on something. I can't help but think that will be of help to him someday. Like if he makes the decision to choose the right. I know he won't falter.
When he was 2 years old I guess I listened to this song by U2 alot. Because I would hear this little 2 year old voice saying. Mommy turn on Bootiful day over and over again til I would turn it on. Even if he had been a total stinker at a store this song had the power to turn us both in to a good mood. Everytime I hear it I think of him. He taught me how to be happy even when things are hard, as they most ofter are. He taught me to be thankful for the blessings I have.
object style="background-image:url(http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/OBfqABtOoxI/hqdefault.jpg)" width="425" height="344">

No comments: