Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tour de Mesa



Back in April Mark, I and a friend Kristine did the Tour de Mesa (formely known as the Tour de Phoenix). Kristine did really well and beat us both. This was her first race too. Mark was a little disappointed in the time since he came in 1/2 hour later than he did last year. I thought I would do better too. I did come in a 1/2 hour earlier than the previous year though. I just thought because of all my practice I would come in significantly much faster. It didn't happen though. The winner of the race finished in about 2 hours and 50 something minutes, while it took me 5 hours. Those people at the beginning of the race must be kicking it the whole time. Taking turns helping each other out. That will be my next goal figuring out how to get faster. I would be ok with finishing in 4 hours next year. I can dream right.
I did have a neat experience that I wanted to write down though. I was riding up this hill on Shea. It's pretty steep. I hadn't really been thinking about my mom before, but all of the sudden there she was in my mind. I heard this voice in my head that said Go Yvette Go. It felt like it was my mom rooting me on. I got teary eyed and had renewed energy to kick it up the hill. Thanks, mom

No comments: