We got out of school May 22nd. Lifes been crazy ever since!
We went to Pima the first week we were out of school. We got a new family member. Pictures and a new post to come later.
The kids started swim team two weeks ago. They don't enjoy it, but I do. They are pretty tired afterwards, so I like it.
A new club was formed in our house. Officially titled as the LAS club. Whats that you say? Well Derek came up with this new club. Basically it stands for Look at Shay club. That means Derek and Adam (whose impressionable) chase Shay around the house and stare at her til she screams and cries. Don't you always love those crazy brothers! Now you know why I like swim team, less teasing.
My kids have been teasing the heck out of each other ever since school ended. I know most people go through it. But, I'm really ready to tear out all my hair or theirs! Now, I know why my mom would all of the sudden loose it, when I was growing up. The constant bickering. Mom told you to turn off the tv, no mom told you to turn off the tv. No she didn't she told you No, no no Yes yes yes. This is just one of their fights obviously. You name it they fight over it. I try to make them apologize to one another and make some restitution for the offenses, but the fighting never ends. Does anyone have any suggestions for stopping kids from teasing/fighting. I'm definitely open for suggestions.
Adam started swimming lessons two weeks ago. He was totally scared to death. So the 1st day I didnt make him get in the pool. The next day I decide he's got to get in the pool and my capri pants are soaked. I looked like a crazy person trying to take him in the pool walking in with my clothes on. Where was the baby you say? Off on the side of the pool and the lifeguards were about to call the police on me, because I had left my baby alone. Fabulous mother moment I'm tellin you. I think it was obvious though that I wasnt planning to get in. The next day I wear my swim suit and have Shay sit on the side and watch the baby. (she usually goes to a class). Adam gets in and will only swim to me. I decide bribery is in order. I tell Adam if he gets in by himself, I will give him some M&M's. He gets in the next day all by himself. Yea! He went down the frog slide several times today. The power of M&M's!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Who says you can buy happiness. LOVE IT
Monica
I have a friend that is taking her son to a child psychologist for various reasons- The doctor gave her a great suggestion for helping kids that fight and bicker. (I have the same problems with Brenden and Logan- I'm starting to understand why my dad used to knock our heads together when we fought.) It's a hard to explain via message. Next time I'm in at work I'll take a copy/explanation to Mark. I am really excited to use it on my boys.
Wow, you sound very busy. My brothers used to do things like that to me ALL THE TIME. Well, they still do! Poor Shay. I love the story about Adam at swim lessons. Bribery is often the best way to go!
Hey there! I went private on my blog but don't have your email address. My email is tolman6 at gmail
Thanks for your message! I have been checking out your blog as well. Congrats on the new baby! Love what you have done with the blog! :)
Post a Comment