Adam - is starting many 1st this year.
He's learning how to write his name and cut a straight line with scissors. This is a picture of him on the first day of school Sept. 2nd.
*He's started drinking out of a big boy cup, not a sipee.
*Because of school we had to start working harder on potty training.
All of these things leave him feeling exactly like this picture :)
I've heard that age 3 is the new terrible 2's.
He's still cuddly and sweet sometimes...
Some of the funny things he's done as of lately is he jumps off any kind of furniture or half walls. Time out seems to work for everything, but jumping off walls and furniture. I guess its worth getting in time out for this. Of course he sings the Star Wars or Indiana Jones theme while jumping off the furniture. One day I watched him do a perfect flip from the top of the couch to the seat of the couch. What!! I'm thinking we need to put him in gymnastics or some kind of Jedi fighting, searching for the crystal skull school.
Adam also started soccer. It's quite hilarious at this age and frustrating at the same time. At his practice this week he fell asleep while we were driving over there. So of course, he was a bear when we got there. He wasn't interested in practicing at all, only looking at a hole in the ground that his coach has for irrigation. Actually no one was interested in playing on the team except this cute little girl. The coach said parents could help their children, so I did. It was sort of reminiscent of swimming lessons earlier this year. I picked him up and ran around the field and tried to make his leg kick the ball. Kind of embarrassing, but it worked he was soon kicking the ball. If only I could run around with him on the field during game day.
Shay- started school back on August 6th. She loves her teacher and school. She got to be the 1st one to be the student of the week in her class. They got to bring a treat, so she picked Root beer cupcakes and Reeses pieces for the guessing jar. Her teacher is crazy organized and so cute with the kids. Shay thinks she is fabulous and has been loving being with friends as always. She started soccer and has a lot of little girls from our neighborhood on her team so she loves that also.
This is them on the 1st day of school, doesn't Derek look excited?
Derek - likes his class too. He has a really nice tea
cher this year. He's doing really good in school this year and so far has all A's and one B for not turning in an assignment on time. But his face usually looks like this lately. His shoes are too tight or I have't stepped up as a mother in his view. I try to tell him that things could be a lot worse. Like the kids in Africa, not having enough food. Still not working, so heres the face!He loves playing with the little boys and is a great big brother.
Started soccer again also. Soccer is his thing. Its fun to watch him play, because soccer is perfect for the intense person. (that is Derek) He gets really into it and plays super hard.
Mark - working like crazy to get the corporate tax deadline done and contemplating new changes with his business. Also his church job keeps him pretty busy. So we were glad we got to go to the mountains this weekend so he could be reintroduced to the kids once again. J/K
Me - I've been trying to organize the house lately. The house looks clean during the day, but once the kids get home from school its a pit again. I think we have way to much stuff so trying to purge again. I've been worried about things that I think most moms worry about. Like how to get my kids to do well in school, pick up after themselves.
I'm almost finished with Twilight I love it I just havent finished yet. I let other things get in the way. Its taking me a lot longer to read then most people.
I'm obsessed with exercising. Not that I do it, but I think about it a lot. How I havent run that much in the last 3 weeks and I've been on vacations to the mountains and Utah where I went on a eating frenzy. I need to start up again. On a few of our family pictures we took going to the mountains this weekend I think I look like I'm 3 months pregnant. Do you think I should have a picture of me looking like Derek?
I've been to our stakes Book of Mormon class. I've decided my favorite part of the Book of Mormon is Mosiah Chapter 18. Verse 8 and 21 keep going through my head.
Anyway, these are some of the things we've been up to lately.









3 comments:
So good to hear how you are doing! Busy, busy, busy!! I really wish we could have gone to the mountain. I was home reading Midnight Sun(which you have to read after you are done with all the other ones). We had a Super Saturday for our ward today, and Twilight was the topic of choice. There is one of my friends that is not a reader, and I am trying my darndest to get her to read either Twilight or Harry Potter. She is not going for it! Well, I am off to enjoy my spoils from Goodwill!
Wow, you have been busy. It's nice to read your update. Your kids are getting so big. The stories about Adam are so funny. He sounds like he has quite the personality. :)
Adam looks very cute.
love Shay
Post a Comment