Wednesday, April 21, 2010

5 Years

I was going about my business today. Cleaning, folding clothes, eating, and actually feeling a little sad. I forgot what day it was for a moment. I remembered when the entire contents of my fridge were about to be devoured by yours truly. Five years ago this lady died. It doesnt hurt as much as it used too. I thought I was ok until today. I just miss her. I want to give her a hug and talk to her. I wonder what she's doing in heaven. Is she so busy that she doesn't have time to wonder about her family? Is she busy doing work for us? Do people in heaven get to watch their loved ones sometimes? I just wonder how it all works. Sometimes it seems like such a long time ago that she died and sometimes it seems like yesterday.


My Mom and Dad with me in 1977. I'm almost 4 years old.

9 comments:

ronniew said...

I miss her too. Dad

Stephanie said...

I can't believe it has been 5 years. It really doesn't seem like that long ago. Noah asked me this morning "Where's Daddy's Mommy?" I explained to him that she is in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus. I didn't even realize what today's date was and thought it was interesting he would ask that out of the blue. I love the pictures you included.

Brett said...

I'm sure that she's tried convincing Them to let her come visit, but They know that she would never stop talking. :)

Dena said...

Your post is beautiful. You are an example of strength and I'm sure she is watching over you!

Mike and Marianne said...

My dad will be gone 15 years this year. Most days you just go one with your life doing what needs to be done, but there are those days that I really ache for him to be here. I'm sure your mom is ever aware of the awesome job you are doing as a mom.

Lacey said...

I'm sorry about your mom Yvette. That must be really hard. We are so blessed to know that we will see our family again!

Bekki said...

I know this may sound a little childish but, i write my dad a letter every year and tie it to a bunch of helium balloons and let them go. I feel like I get some things out that I need to say to him...kind of a yearly purge. It helps to write things down...just a thought

Tami said...

Yvette, I loved reading your thoughts. I can't imagine losing one of my parents. It really hit me when my last grandparent died, that my parents are next. I feel like I am never going to be ready to live without my mom. I hope that you feel her presence in your life, and feel her watching over you. I know the veil is very thin, and she will be there for you when you need her.

Sara Taylor said...

Yvette, I just lost my mom 1 month ago. It is good to know that you know exactly how I feel. It's hard but I do know she is in a better place. I miss her alot. It is hard not to just pick up the phone to call her. If only heaven had a phone number!!