Sunday, May 22, 2011

Matt and his shoes


I got these shoes for Matt a couple of months ago. He loves them dearly. I'm not sure why maybe it's because he can put them on himself. All of my other kids have wanted nothing to do with shoes.
When he gets up in the morning the shoes go immediatly on.One time I was gone at night and I saw when I got home that he had gone to bed with his shoes on.
The other day I was trying to figure out how to get him to stop saying bad words like stupid, dummy, idiot, and butt. Then it occured to me that everytime he said that I would just take away his shoes for a punishment. Well guess what it works better than time out or any spankings for that matter. (Yes I spank) All I had to do is warn him that he would be losing his shoes and he would immediatly stop. Awesome, heh. Who could have known

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is really funny. Who knew! Wish I could find something like that for Cooper. Nothing works with him these days.

Anonymous said...

my punishment growing up was losing my books. i hated to lose my book reading time! even as an adult, i will ground myself from my books if my homework is not done. ha!