Thursday, February 7, 2008

Derek's field trip

I decided to start a blog, because I spend so much time lurking at everyone elses. Hopefully, it will help me with some sort of a journal.
Yesterday, Derek had a field trip at the Rock Museum. I was of course his group leader. I had 3 boys this included him. I spent most of my time chasing them. At the end (after the boys filled out a 10 problem questionare)you could pick out 3 exciting rocks. Which looked like they could have come from our backyard. They were all about finishing fast so they could pick out these wonderful rocks.
The other thing that was quite funny about this trip was the lady that worked there was very strict. Even the adults were afraid of stepping out of line. The very beginning of her talk she told everyone that she never smiled, because when she was a kid her mother said if she smiled that her face would stay that way. (Your face stuck smiling now wouldn't that be a tragedy). After she let them know that they werent supposed to step out of line, she relaxed and was actually kind of funny with the jokes she told. But I'll admit it I was scared of her.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We're so glad you started a blog. I liked your story about the field trip. That lady sounds really weird, but she does work with rocks! I loved doing field trips when I taught, but it was so frustrating how crazy the kids would get. It was always so nice to have parents there to help. And I'm sure Derek loved having you there.

Annie K said...

Glad to see you join the blogging world.

My grandma used to tell me that if the wind changed while I was pulling a funny face or pouting that it would be stuck that way.