Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things (or people) that make you go Hmmm

Last month my children had a half day. My daughter had been wanting to invite this friend over. I told her she could after she finished a few afternoon chores. The friend came home with her anyway. I was not to happy with this, but they told me that the friends mother wasnt home. I thought they were trying to pull one over on me, but let the friend stay anyway. After all she is a sweet little girl. I told my daughter she would still have to finish her chores with the friend. They did and it was fine. After they had played for about 3 hours. They got bored and started to do things that my daughter knows I don't like. Ride bikes through other peoples yards etc. So, time for the little friend to go home, right. When I told them this, they came back with the same song and dance about how the little girls parents arent home and either is the 11 year old sister that usually watches her after school. As I'm discussing this with them I get a phone call from the sister. My daughter and her friend are right. Theres nobody at the house and there wont be for a couple more hours. This frustrates me more, because a phone call from the parents would have been nice to let me know that I would be babysitting all afternoon. Anyway, things that make you go hmmmm.

2 comments:

Jana said...

I love that parent move. The best is when they are going to be gone for half an hour, and can their kid stay with you. Then 3 hours later...some parents just don't think! I listened to the group you suggested. I liked it and even found one of their songs for my playlist. Thanks! Have you listened to This World Fair on my list? I really like them.

AMBER said...

That is super frustrating!! It is so weird to me that a parent would just assume that their kid is fine & being looked after, I mean what if you were gone...& also that is impolite to assume that you had nothing else going on than to watch her child all afternoon.