Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Self Love for the New Year!
This topic is probably not appropriate for a blog, but here I go anyway. This last Saturday I was having one of those days. You know the kind where you feel like your a complete loser and you can't accomplish anything. I feel like this a little bit after every new year. I dont know if I really miss Christmas or what. The house was a complete pit and was wondering how it got this bad once again. I do try to clean a couple of hours a day. But this was going to take a few days of a major overhall. I also felt depressed about eating to much. I feel like I've worked really hard to lose weight, but cant seemingly lose the last 20 pounds. I always seem to sabotage myself. To top it off my daughter had just come in from our neighbors house and told me she wished our house was like the Toolson's because there mom was so nice and there house was always so organized and smelt good. (I do like the Toolson's a lot by the way) Our cat had also pooped somewhere upstairs. yipee. I listened to her and resisted my you too could have a clean house that smelt good speech, if you put away your shoes etc. I went for a run instead. When I was almost done I started thinking about what I had to do when I got home and how things possibly might be worse, because the kids had friends over. I couldn't help but feel like this song that came on my i-pod, (that's on my playlist now) was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. I began to cry and realized I had been reading my scriptures and praying, but it was more like going through the motions. I also realized that with all my faults (messy house, untrained children etc.) Heavenly Father loves me, but I a lot of time dont really love myself. My self-esteem is based on how others feel about me. So here to my New Years resolution, I'm going to truly try to love myself this year. Not the kind where you think your better than other people, but the kind that Heavenly Father would want me to have. The kind that makes me special just because I'm his daughter. I know we are all here on earth to figure out how we're supposed to help others. So how about you, self love this year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 comments:
I love you Yvette! And you are a great mom, wife and frined. People (including me) tend to take your sweet spirit for granted and what a kind person you are and try to be to everyone. Don't be so hard on yourself, you have to remember you have 4 kidsand a husband and yourself to care for and your house will just have to wait :). I am struggling with the same issue ase you were I need to love myself more and not base my self-esteem off of what others think. I to have a few New Year goals and that will be one of them. I am really proud of you and the fact that you can run farther than I EVER could :) That is really awesome!
I left the comment above, it's me Jackie :) It didn't put my name on it.
I loved your post! You expressed what a lot of us think. Especially when we have young kids (or teenagers) who distract us from what we think is so important. I'm setting monthly goals...small ones. Just remember..you can run faster and farther than my 19 year old! That is something!!
I always look at you as an amazing mother, never anything less. Keep us posted on your journey.
i Love you Yvette! i think you are amazing! <3
Thank you for sharing this. I struggle deeply with self love.
I am always impressed by you. I mean that sincerely. Thank you again. That is something that I am working on this year.
Sounds like you were having a day like I had today! I'm sure everyone has those days when we feel like the world is crashing down around us and it can't get any worse, and then it does. But that is what I always try to remind myself is that it happens to everyone. I know I frequently worry about others thinking my house is decorated so cute or is always clean, or my kids or I are always dressed just so, but really who cares! :) You are so amazing and I always love your ideas, your sense of humor, your ability to be so kind and patient with others, and your determination. To lose the weight you have already was not an easy task! We love you, Yvette! And thanks for sharing your thoughts, because that really helped me today!
Yvette, please don't be so hard on yourself. I think we Halls always struggle with trying to be perfect. You're a good mom and thats the most important thing. I was just reading,"In the scheme of things does it really matter". I can't find where I saw that. I keep telling myself that with the struggles I go through. Remember every family is not perfect and if you were a fly on the wall, and saw what some families have going on in their homes, you'd think your family was perfect. Your family is good, they love you deeply inside.
Don't worry so much. I think we both need to work on that worry problem. I love you and want to do more for you, if you'd let me.
Love,
Aunt Janice
:) I love you Yvette! And so totally admire you! I love all the long talks we have had and the way I feel after talking with you. I always walk away thinking of ways I can be more like you. Honestly! Thanks for all you do love :)
~Love, the neice who gets her butt kicked by you when we go running.
Thank you for your blatant honesty in this post! I know we all have days like that and we all feel that way at times. I think you are pretty incredible!! And, uh... 10 MILES?!?!?!?!? Totally impressive! You, too, inspire me to keep running and keep trying!! :)
I want you to be a part of our new blog Project: {Create A Home}...It will help us all be better women in 2009! Your an awesome women! We have to realize that...I think this blog will help! I have a personal blog, Screaming Meme as well! It is a decorating blog...I look for to getting to know you! meme
loved that post- Definately something I'm going to work on this year too. Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment