Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday Derek


Derek's birthday was back on the 26th. I cant believe Derek is 11 years old. There was a time when I always thought he'd be young and hard to handle. He's actually turned into quite a nice young man.

Derek loves to play video games such as Spore (where you can create your own dinosaur looking creations). Also, this year he played Age of the Empires. Which has created a big interest in History and Social Studies. He's always asking me about people such as Joan of Arc or Genghis Khan. Were they real people and what did they do in History. I never know so I always send him to the internet.



Derek last year in the school talent show where he and his friends created some dance moves to what else a disco Star Wars song of course.

He still loves playing soccer. I always get excited when I see intensity in his eyes. It means something great is going to happen. Derek came with and still has the stubborness of a mule and never gives up on something he wants (wonder where he gets that from, hmmm from only his dad of course). If he can't get what he wants he just figures out a different way to get around it.

I was proud of him on his birthday I found him helping his little brothers on rides at Chuckie Cheese. He's loves playing with Matthew and Adam. He's very kind to them, but also loves to tease them to death. If you knew Derek when he was little, this wouldnt have been his 1st priority.

Derek loves to have me hug and kiss him and tuck him in at night. His sensitive side doesnt show very often, but he actually has a big one. He always has loved animals and cries when he sees them being mistreated or hurt. He cried on and off for several hours when our cat died last year. It broke my heart.
He's also very good at perceiving people and can pick up on their intentions in life fast. Oh and I think Derek is pretty funny too. He has a great sense of humor. He makes me laugh all the time.

This year he recently saw the changing video at school and went to Priesthood Preview at the Bishops house. I cant believe he's really old enough for this stuff.

We love Derek and wouldn't know what we would do without him in our family also.

Heres some pictures that he took of himself this year.



Since I'm computer illiterate I'm not sure how they or I created these pictures.

No comments: