
EDIT: My dad left a comment about surviving his own triathlon, my dear children. Every time I tell someone that my dad is watching my kids, people are very impressed. They are surprised that he would even try. I guess I take it for granted when he watches them. I'm never worried. I know he will take good care of them and keep them in line. Without my dad and Marks mom for that matter pretty much all of our weekend getaways would be null and void. So we are definitely thankful for them.

This weekend Mark and I drove up to Page, AZ. We spent the night and in the morning bright and early competed in the Lake Powell Triathlon. I think we did well. The only kind of bummer thing was Mark's peddle on his bike fell off 3 times during the race. He found some kind of pointed rock and screwed it on and finished the race. Which I think is pretty ingenious. Had it been me and my peddle fell off and I crashed. I would of thought ok I'm done. So that kind of messed up his time, but he did pretty good on the other 2 parts. We decided we will never be super swimmers. We both kind of freaked out a little during the swimming part of the race. Lake Powell is a lot choppier than Saguaro.
I was pretty excited, because I had improved my time in all 3 events from May. The running I improved on by 6 min. I give thanks to Mark for that one. He caught up to me and said come on lets go. So we ran to the finish line together. There's no way I would have pushed it that hard by myself.
The weekend was a fun one hanging out with my husband and feeling closer together.






9 comments:
Wow--what an accomplishment! The lake swimming kind of scares me--way to go!
Wow, You did so well. That is a great accomplishment. I know I couldn't do it. You are in such good shape. I am so proud of you. I prayed you'd do OK and not be bothered with the IB problem or whatever you had.
Aunt Janice
Congratulations to both of you for finishing! That's a great accomplishment.
Good luck on the next one!
Congratulations, you two should look into getting mini-repair kits on your bikes. Usually two mini tools, a patch kit & it gives you somewhere to stow a granola bar too. But it's nice to know Mark learned something from MacGyver.
Brett - we do have repair kits on our bike although they dont usually come with an allen wrench. We were only worried about flat tires. That's what I thought it was when I passed Mark during the race.We hadnt encountered the whole peddle coming off the bike. Athough I think now we will have to add duct tape. Isnt that what MacGyver was able to fix all things with?
no one mentioned that this was made possible by the babysitting of grandpa Hall congradulations to mark and yvette but also to gramps for surviving the weekend with The Kids
Hooray! How cool is that! You rock! Please add my congratulations to both of you. It is fun to do it together. Good Luck in your next race!
Yvette, you are incredible! Congrats on such great time improvements!! That is awesome! Way to go!
that's so cool yvette!! what a wonderful accomplishment. i think it's great that you did it together!
Post a Comment