
Shay turned 9 on the 19th. Some things about her right now are: This year and mainly this past Summer she decided she wanted to do her own hair. She is constantly in the bathroom making sure no pieces are coming out of her ponytail. I thought "Oh my, 9 is a little early for a teenager. I have to admit I was quite jealous. "What do you mean you don't want me to do your hair". Not to mention you have a big opinion on how its done.
One of my weaknesses is control. So I've finally gotten to a place where I'm actually proud that she likes to do her own hair. She is getting better at it all the time. Her hair looks really nice. Sometimes she indulges me and lets me do it.

Shay has always been very kind and loves people and friends. I went into Shay's classroom the other day and I have to say I was very proud of her. She is friends with a girl named Hannah that has slight autism. Hannah tends to get distracted easy and wasn't listening during their group time. She was told to sit down and wasn't sitting yet. I see my daughter get up and very carefully and kindly convince Hannah to sit down. I know I didn't teach her that.

Being a mouse in the Cinderella play our neighbor put on this Summer.
Shay's not really a sit down and play with Barbies, dolls or toys for that matter kinda kid. She loves tearin it up on her bike or scooter outside. She loves being outside (she can see more people that way). She has set up an umbrella for her friends and her to sit under this Summer and they sat outside and decorated rocks. Anything she can do with art she loves. Right now she loves Pixos and chickso(sp?),coloring with markers and paint.
When Shay was student of the week the teacher had the other students create a page that goes into a book for the student of the week to bring home. Pretty much every page from the other students said Shay was kind and funny.

Shay with her friend Lily at their dance recital this Summer.
Matthew loves Shay. He screams her name until she acknowledges him. She is good about helping the little boys learn new things.
I'm thankful Shay is part of our family. We are not sure what we would do without her.






No comments:
Post a Comment