When I was at the rock musuem the boys thought I was a little nuts, because I was excited to look at the rocks. I wanted to tell them of all the things I learned in Geology. But why when you can pick out 3 rocks from the wheel barrow.
I think I was excited, because the whole experience reminded me of my Grandpa Hall. He worked for many years in the Bisbee mine. My grandpa always had, beautiful rocks displayed on his porch outside. This post only seems fitting, because this month is the 10th anniversary of my Grandpas death. My grandpa was a good example to me of Christ like love. After working so many years in the mine his hearing was pretty much gone. It was kind of annoying for many of my family members to repeat themselves. I could always tell even as a little kid that this hurt his feelings. He never tried to be rude back instead he was always kind. He always seemed to turn the other cheek. He always worked hard. I loved my grandpa and I miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Hey Yvette, thanks for making this post. To be completely honest, most of my memories of Grandma and Grandpa are fairly vague. Being so young, I never felt like I got to know either of them very well. But I do remember how much Grandpa used to treasure his turquoise, I still wish I had not lost the ring he made me! Say hi to the family.
Hi Yvette! I saw your blog from annies! Yay..I love that you have one. This will be fun. Talk to you later :D
Post a Comment