Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Our new pets
Today Adam came up to me and said "Mom, I just ate an ant." I said Mmmm, was it good. He nodded his head to say yes. At least it's protein, right. Leaving me frustrated and amused that I cant seem to get rid of the ants in my bedroom and that my poor childs eating them. They are climbing up two stories as far as I know. We had an exterminator come. He told me as he left that the poison would kill all ants, except the really tiny black ones. We have the really tiny black ones. The poison only kills about 80% of those. So I'm stuck trying to find them. The problem is I dont have time to search for ants. With laundry 3 children and a newborn who has time to go outside and search for ants. So I guess we have new pets. right. Argh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Mine loves to squish them. We sometimes get them in the kitchen so he has a hay day squashing them. We heard you were in Pima too. If we had stayed on Saturday, I would have swung by to say hi. Blog comments are fun, but talking in person is better!
congrats on the pets! no really, sorry about the ants. very lame! we are having ant issues too. good luck. :)
I had ant problems too. It was the citrus smell that was enticing them to come into my house. I stopped using cleaning products with citrus and they vanished. As soon as I put a bowl of oranges on the counter they were back. The pest control guy said that they love citrus. Someone else told me to (and I also read somewhere) that they don't like cinnamon so you sprinkle it around the house or where they are coming in.
Wow really eating them that is great tell him they are better with chocalate on them ( or so I have heard ) I wish I knew what to do for that but really I thought you were done with pets for awhile HA HA. Monica
Hey Yvette!! Of course you can add my to your blog! How fun to get to know you better since it's so hard to socialize at church!!
Post a Comment