Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What we've been up too...

I've been trying to decide for awhile whether to delete my blog, make it private, or just keep it the same. Wondering if I want to keep it up. Does it take to much time? Who looks at it other than family and friends? I do spend a lot of time looking at other peoples blogs.I've found old friends or even made some new ones, since its not just a hi and a bye at church. I have found inspiration in other peoples blogs. In their creativness or their testimonies. I have prayed for people that have been in tragedies. Fiery plane crashes or lost babies to SIDS or Cancer. Not that mine is that inspirational. But, if I delete I might forget when I wrote about Matt's stomach crunches or Adam licking my face like a cat. They dont do that anymore. It was a fleeting moment. So I will keep blogging and public I shall remain.
New Updates for our family:
Mark and I have signed up for two triathlons. One is Oct. 17th and the other is Nov. 7th. Mark got himself a bike. It's black and yellow, just like Lance Armstrong so we call it the his Lance Armstrong bike, of course) and he's pretty good at it. We've been riding every Saturday with a group of people from our ward since the Summer. Mark can keep up with the people that have been riding for awhile. He even rode out to Butcher Jones (25 miles) on Monday (a section of Saguaro Lake)and then swam a 1/2 mile. Out of all of the practicing for the triathlons he likes the biking the most. He was thinking of going to Tucson to ride in 100 mile bike race, but maybe he'll wait till next year. He's not ready to ride that much yet.
Its been a fun thing to do together. Although for me since I'm the writer, very stressful. Even though I've been riding much longer than him, he's much faster than me. Its stressful for me to ride on the road and its stressful to keep up with him. He's patient, but would like me to go a little faster so he can. I was always careful before to stay away from bikers on the street, but now I'm even more careful. It can be scary. I usually pray that the car will see me. We also recently added clipless peddles and shoes to my bike (the kind where your shoes click on to your peddles and your feet stay hooked until you need to stop. I've had two pretty good crashes. Mostly just trying to stop and not getting my feet out in time. Here's a picture of my knee from Saturday. I wasnt able to bend my leg for a couple of days, but it feels better now. I really should be grateful for being able to ride at all. I'm still working on telling myself its ok. It can be pretty fun also. I have fun with the gal I usually end up riding with on Sat. We talk about all kinds of things and its been fun to get to know her better.
Another new thing with me is I've been sick. At the end of August I got what I thought was the flu, but every week it came back for a month. Each time it came back it wasnt as intense. But, I started wondering after the 3rd time "hey I think somethings wrong. Now the symptoms seem to be everyday. They're not fun either. See why I should be thankful for biking. I've taken my health for granted way too much. Now I'm waiting to see the specialist. Cross your fingers that maybe its just a parasite or I was making myself sick over biking and it will get better when I stop stressing.
That's it for Mark and I right now. I'll come back with some funny pictures of the kid later when I can find the camera.

4 comments:

Tami said...

I so admire you for riding a bike! We rode bikes down a volcano in Hawaii--when I hadn't been on a bike since like jr. high--I was terrified!!! I swore I'd never ride a bike again! Todd was riding so fast--and with no hands down the mountain with cars racing past him! He scared me to death! You are awesome & I'm glad you're still blogging, I like to read about your adventures!

Dena said...

I've missed your blog updates! I know I am family, but you have always been an example of strength to me...keep it up!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you updated and you aren't deleting your blog. It's nice to read about what you are doing. As silly as it is, it seems to be the way we keep up with our family. I hope you can figure out what is making you so sick. I'm sorry you are dealing with that and I wish we were closer to help out. You are such a great example to me. I've been trying to keep up with exercising and I always think of you and how you got back into running. That has really helped motivate me. And then to read that you've been biking while you've been sick, that's impressive. We miss you guys!

Annie K said...

I am glad you have decided not to delete your blog. I like to know what you are up to even if it is sporadic like my postings. Way to go on your triathalon.